Annamalai University M.Sc I.T 2k4-2k9
Welcome To AUMSCIT ForuM.
Our Farewell Day Photos are present @ Announcement Section.
Welcome To AUMSCIT ForuM.
Our Farewell Day Photos are present @ Announcement Section.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Forum will act as a bridge to connect students of M.Sc I.T 2004-2009 batch belongs to Annamalai University, TN, India

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Hi, our Farewell Day Celebration Photos are available @ Announcement Section

40 percent of IT jobs will be in open source, study

Go down 
AuthorMessage
arunkumar

arunkumar

Male
Number of posts : 209
Job/hobbies : Till now Student
Registration date : 2008-10-21

40 percent of IT jobs will be in open source, study Empty
PostSubject: 40 percent of IT jobs will be in open source, study   40 percent of IT jobs will be in open source, study I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 8:48 pm

By 2020, the cloud will have taken over, and open source will rule in the cloud - with the result that 40 percent of IT jobs will be related to open source, according to a roadmap launched yesterday.

The FLOSS 2020 roadmap, announced at the Open World Forum in Paris, gives a set of predictions of where IT will be in 2020. It then gives recommendations - admitting in the process that the recommendations are "formulated in the hope that these predictions will come true" - i.e. the open source nirvana only happens if we work for it now.

There are 78 pages of the report, and it goes into some very sensible public policy recommendations (ban software patents etc) along with ideas for education and corporate governance.

It also makes the interesting point that in moving to the mainstream via cloud computing, the actual code that is the basis of open source will be further hidden from the user. This is an inevitable part of the move to the mainstream, but some will see it as a "dilution" of open source.

This will be worth looking at in more depth.

Courtesy: ZDNet News
Back to top Go down
http://cybersak.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Annamalai University M.Sc I.T 2k4-2k9 :: Community :: World News-
Jump to: