Annamalai University M.Sc I.T 2k4-2k9
Welcome To AUMSCIT ForuM.
Our Farewell Day Photos are present @ Announcement Section.
Welcome To AUMSCIT ForuM.
Our Farewell Day Photos are present @ Announcement Section.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Forum will act as a bridge to connect students of M.Sc I.T 2004-2009 batch belongs to Annamalai University, TN, India

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Hi, our Farewell Day Celebration Photos are available @ Announcement Section

Stay clear of malicious websites

Go down 
AuthorMessage
arunkumar

arunkumar

Male
Number of posts : 209
Job/hobbies : Till now Student
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Stay clear of malicious websites Empty
PostSubject: Stay clear of malicious websites   Stay clear of malicious websites I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 9:37 am

Here’s how identity stealers, websites, et al can get you. Don’t fall for them.

Stay clear of malicious websites Malcio10

Symptoms

You visit a website to donate money for a charitable cause or buy a product. Soon, you realize that your credit-card information is being used by someone else to make purchases. You have fast-exhausting credit limit and bills with transactions you haven’t made.

Prognosis

A maliciously coded website is the cause for this. Often, unscrupulous parties create a fake sign-in page, where you enter your credit-card details unknowingly. Maliciously coded websites could also redirect you to other sites, install keyloggers, spyware or adware, or steal passwords. Cross-site scripting (XSS) also enables malicious authors to make use of your browser’s vulnerabilities for nefarious purposes.

Prevention

Limit the use of your credit card online. Use it only on websites that have trusted security certificates. Use other modes of payment, such as PayPal or offline methods like cheque payments, if possible. Set your browser’s security settings to higher than the default; and regularly install available security patches for your browser. This will ensure that even if you do visit a maliciously coded website accidentally, the site will not be able to exploit any vulnerability in your browser.

Last edited by Admin on Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more visual)
Back to top Go down
http://cybersak.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 1