Annamalai University M.Sc I.T 2k4-2k9
Welcome To AUMSCIT ForuM.
Our Farewell Day Photos are present @ Announcement Section.
Welcome To AUMSCIT ForuM.
Our Farewell Day Photos are present @ Announcement Section.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Forum will act as a bridge to connect students of M.Sc I.T 2004-2009 batch belongs to Annamalai University, TN, India

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Hi, our Farewell Day Celebration Photos are available @ Announcement Section

What is the difference between dual core n core 2 duo

Go down 
AuthorMessage
arunkumar

arunkumar

Male
Number of posts : 209
Job/hobbies : Till now Student
Registration date : 2008-10-21

What is the difference between dual core n core 2 duo Empty
PostSubject: What is the difference between dual core n core 2 duo   What is the difference between dual core n core 2 duo I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 9:59 am

ANSWERS:

1.Dual Core is a "class" or architecture of processors which refers to any processor with two cores on the same chip.
Core2Duo is a regitered trademark [™] of the Intel Corporation.

2.Intel Core 2 Duo processors are next gen processors from Intel on 65 nm platform… developed from Ground up with new Architecture called Core… so they are whole new Processors just Jump like Pentium 2 to Pentium 3 or Pentium 4… Expect one Core 2 Duo Lowest End Processors like E4400/E4300

Intel Dual Core Processors are just launched striped down version of Core 2 Duos.. there are 2 in Market for Desktop range, E2140 runs at 1.6 GHz with 1 MB L2 and 800 MHz FSB and E2160 with 1.8 GHz with same specs of E2140…. these are not Pentium D rather they are same batch like Core 2 Duo based on the new Core Technology

3.In Dual core both the cores share same cache memory
In core2Duo both the cores have separate cache memory

4.The Core 2 Duo is Intel's second generation (Hence, Core 2) processor made for desktops and laptops designed from the ground up to be fast while not consuming nearly as much power as previous CPUs, Dual core is simply a generic term referring to any processor package with two physical CPUs in one.

Dual Core is better because it has 2 processors. The more the better. (Dell has a Quad Core, 4, processor computer and Mac has a Dual Quad Core processor, yes 8 processors). The main difference is that core duo is 32-bit processor, where as Core 2 Duo is 64-it processor, also for Core 2 Duo, the cache memory is 4MB compared to 2MB of Core Duo.
Back to top Go down
http://cybersak.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 1