Annamalai University M.Sc I.T 2k4-2k9
Welcome To AUMSCIT ForuM.
Our Farewell Day Photos are present @ Announcement Section.
Welcome To AUMSCIT ForuM.
Our Farewell Day Photos are present @ Announcement Section.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Forum will act as a bridge to connect students of M.Sc I.T 2004-2009 batch belongs to Annamalai University, TN, India

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Hi, our Farewell Day Celebration Photos are available @ Announcement Section

Travelling with laptop? Keep it safe

Go down 
AuthorMessage
arunkumar

arunkumar

Male
Number of posts : 209
Job/hobbies : Till now Student
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Travelling with laptop? Keep it safe Empty
PostSubject: Travelling with laptop? Keep it safe   Travelling with laptop? Keep it safe I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 8:40 pm

Travelling with laptop? Keep it safe Ef91d410

If you're taking your laptop on an airplane, there are some steps you should take to keep your computer safe.

1. Use a well-made, well-padded case to carry your laptop in. Never check it as checked baggage during air travel.

2. Make sure security applications and software updates are current — anti-virus, firewall, anti-spyware.

3. Limit confidential information transmission, such as any credit purchases and reservations or anything with a Social Security number. Unfamiliar networks are always potentially dangerous.

4. Set up a remote Web mail account to enable e-mail access from any browser, such as Gmail, Yahoo! Mail or MSN Hotmail.

5. Bring an Ethernet (Cat5) cable with you on your trip, in case there is no wireless connection available and you have to hook up to that little box next to the phone that you'll find in most hotel rooms.

6. Use a system password on your laptop to help slow down the novice thief.

7. Use file passwords when available on confidential files.

8. Do not set your computer down and leave it out of sight (especially in the airport bathroom).

9. If you must leave your laptop unattended in a car, put it in the trunk where it can't be seen. But remember that extreme temperatures are not good for electronic devices.

10. Don't send your laptop through the airport X-ray conveyor belt until it's your turn to walk through the metal detector. That way you'll be able to pick it up promptly when it comes out the other end and prevent anyone else from walking away with it.

Source: Associated Press
Back to top Go down
http://cybersak.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 1