Annamalai University M.Sc I.T 2k4-2k9
Welcome To AUMSCIT ForuM.
Our Farewell Day Photos are present @ Announcement Section.
Welcome To AUMSCIT ForuM.
Our Farewell Day Photos are present @ Announcement Section.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Forum will act as a bridge to connect students of M.Sc I.T 2004-2009 batch belongs to Annamalai University, TN, India

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Hi, our Farewell Day Celebration Photos are available @ Announcement Section

Wipro Tech asks 5000 engineers to join BPO division

Go down 
AuthorMessage
arunkumar

arunkumar

Male
Number of posts : 209
Job/hobbies : Till now Student
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Wipro Tech asks 5000 engineers to join BPO division Empty
PostSubject: Wipro Tech asks 5000 engineers to join BPO division   Wipro Tech asks 5000 engineers to join BPO division I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 9:03 pm

At a time when most companies are either retrenching staff or have frozen their hiring in view of the recession, Wipro Technologies has asked about 5,000 fresh engineering graduates selected by it from various campuses to join its business process outsourcing (BPO) division, Wipro BPO, instead says a report in DNA Money.

Disgruntled candidates quoted an e-mail they received from the Wipro management citing the current uncertain market environment as the reason behind the decision.

However, Pradeep Bahirwani, VP-talent acquisition, Wipro Tech, clarified, “Due to the current business scenario, we estimate delays in joining dates of some batches of recruits. We are providing them an option of a role in our BPO division. The objective is to let engineering graduates commence work without delay.”

Bahirwani did not say how many engineers would be sent to the BPO division. On whether the engineers would have to work for lesser salary, he said, “Compensation package is structured with the perspective of the new joinee gaining in totality.”

The e-mail sent to the campus-selected engineers on November 25 offers to accommodate the candidates in the BPO division for about 18 months. Wipro officials term the practice of moving people with specific competency between different business units ‘normal’.

“We have had people moving after 18 months from BPO to Wipro Technologies in the past,” a company spokesperson said. “In the last eight years in Wipro, I have been in three different business units, starting with marketing, followed by medical division to communications division at the moment.”

Source: BPOwatch India News Desk
Back to top Go down
http://cybersak.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Annamalai University M.Sc I.T 2k4-2k9 :: Community :: World News-
Jump to: