Annamalai University M.Sc I.T 2k4-2k9
Welcome To AUMSCIT ForuM.
Our Farewell Day Photos are present @ Announcement Section.
Welcome To AUMSCIT ForuM.
Our Farewell Day Photos are present @ Announcement Section.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Forum will act as a bridge to connect students of M.Sc I.T 2004-2009 batch belongs to Annamalai University, TN, India

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Hi, our Farewell Day Celebration Photos are available @ Announcement Section

AT&T opens first data centre in India

Go down 
AuthorMessage
arunkumar

arunkumar

Male
Number of posts : 209
Job/hobbies : Till now Student
Registration date : 2008-10-21

AT&T opens first data centre in India Empty
PostSubject: AT&T opens first data centre in India   AT&T opens first data centre in India I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 10:30 pm

AT&T opens first data centre in India Att10

BANGALORE, INDIA: AT&T Inc., announced the launch of its data centre in Bangalore, its first in India. AT&T also announced that it would be soon opening its eighth node, in India, at Delhi soon. TCS and Bank of India would be one of the first customers of the centre.

This centre is part of AT&T's previously announced $I billion planned global network and portfolio investment for 2008.

V S Gopi Gopinath, chairman and CEO, AT&T Global Network Services India, said: "India is the fastest growing region for AT&T in APAC, where we have around 3,000 enterprise customers. This centre underscores AT&T's commitment to the rapidly expanding telecommunications sector in India and highlights the rapidly growing demand in this market, which in turn led us to take this venture despite the downturn. With this centre AT&T will be able to support multinational customers."
"India is a very crucial market for us. We don't find any crisis outside the US market. Moreover, soon we will be hiring people to cope with the growing demand," he added.

"The new centre is directly connected to AT&T's global MPLS. Data centre customers will have access to a wide range of AT&T's fully integrated managed hosting, application and networking services to support their data and e-commerce needs. The new centre is built with the same rigid specifications consistent with AT&T's other global data centers and are enabled with services that proactively mange customer's hosting solutions for predictable application performance," Gopinath added.

In addition to Bangalore facility, AT&T also announced the opening of 'Super IDC (internet Data Centre), in Singapore, the first in Asia, in November.
Back to top Go down
http://cybersak.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 1