Annamalai University M.Sc I.T 2k4-2k9
Welcome To AUMSCIT ForuM.
Our Farewell Day Photos are present @ Announcement Section.
Welcome To AUMSCIT ForuM.
Our Farewell Day Photos are present @ Announcement Section.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Forum will act as a bridge to connect students of M.Sc I.T 2004-2009 batch belongs to Annamalai University, TN, India

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Hi, our Farewell Day Celebration Photos are available @ Announcement Section

Book on 'Indian Saris' launched in London

Go down 
AuthorMessage
arunkumar

arunkumar

Male
Number of posts : 209
Job/hobbies : Till now Student
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Book on 'Indian Saris' launched in London Empty
PostSubject: Book on 'Indian Saris' launched in London   Book on 'Indian Saris' launched in London I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 9:13 pm

A book on the journey of the traditional sari which has enamored Indian women down the ages and is now becoming popular in the foreign shores was recently launched in Britain.

Book on 'Indian Saris' launched in London 2b100110

The book 'Design for India: Indian Saris' celebrates the meaningful engagement of contemporary Indian design in saris with the traditional handloom industry of India.Author Vijai Singh Katiyar, Senior Faculty, National Institute of Designs, Ahmedabad researched for two decades on the visually delightful book which rediscovers the handwoven sari, an iconic traditional product of India for its conceptual strengths that are relevant to the contemporary scenario.

Katiyar said that sari exports account for 7 to 8 per cent annual growth, adding, the garment has registered a growth mostly in the UK and USA where there is a sizable NRI population.

Baroness Shreela Flather formally inaugurated the book at the Nehru Centre yesterday describing it as a "real feast". The book launch coincides with the 'London Book Fair' where India is the theme country this year.

The book is co-published by NID and the Wisdom Tree, New Delhi.
Back to top Go down
http://cybersak.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 1