Annamalai University M.Sc I.T 2k4-2k9
Welcome To AUMSCIT ForuM.
Our Farewell Day Photos are present @ Announcement Section.
Welcome To AUMSCIT ForuM.
Our Farewell Day Photos are present @ Announcement Section.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Forum will act as a bridge to connect students of M.Sc I.T 2004-2009 batch belongs to Annamalai University, TN, India

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Hi, our Farewell Day Celebration Photos are available @ Announcement Section

How to be a successful employee?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
arunkumar

arunkumar

Male
Number of posts : 209
Job/hobbies : Till now Student
Registration date : 2008-10-21

How to be a successful employee? Empty
PostSubject: How to be a successful employee?   How to be a successful employee? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 8:52 pm

One of your most important self-marketing tools is your technical resume. Your resume is your Self promotional Catalogue. It showcases your experience and accomplishments for potential employers and your strategy should be to emphasize experience and skills that employers you're interested in are looking for.

Right Attitude :
First and foremost , never regard your work as just a "Job". Be passionate about what you do. your Frame of Mind should be, " this position can lead to a higher position".

Expand your Horizons :
Do more than what is expected of you. Don't restrict yourself to your regular duties and responsibilities. Doing more will increase your visibility within the company and will enable you to encounter more challenges. Get involved and show extra initiative.

Be well informed:
Keep abreast of the topics and issues in your industry, whether through self-study or classes. Companies arrange study classes and seminars on latest developments in their field, take advantage of those. There are numerous courses, books, tapes, conferences and seminars that are free or very inexpensive. Ultimately, stay on top of new trends.

Set specific goals and work towards accomplishing them:
What is the position you are striving for? Do you know the pre- requisites for qualifying for that post? If you can determine in advance what outcome you want, taking the necessary steps to achieve that outcome will be easier. (Don't forget to implement effective work habits such as planning your day. When you are organized, you can accomplish more.)

Maintain a record of your accomplishments :
What is your contribution in the growth of your company? An excellent strategy is to develop a personal career portfolio. Neatly compile records of all work-related achievements, samples of exceptional work, letters of recognition, and other documents that demonstrate good job performance.

Develop a network :
This is very important. Maintain a good rapport with people in the organization. Remember other people play a crucial role in helping you climb the mountain of growth. Increase your organizational awareness. Learn about all the departments and their goals and what they are doing to reach their goals. Act like you fit the part of the position you want -- dress, speak and act professionally.

Be Pro-active :
Let your supervisor know that you are interested in progressing and learning more. Demonstrate your ability to handle additional responsibility. Discuss about your future prospects with the organization during the performance review process.

Follow these rules and work hard, remember the saying -The whole world steps aside for the man who knows where he is going.
Back to top Go down
http://cybersak.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Annamalai University M.Sc I.T 2k4-2k9 :: Noticeboard :: Career Tips & Suggestion-
Jump to: