Annamalai University M.Sc I.T 2k4-2k9
Welcome To AUMSCIT ForuM.
Our Farewell Day Photos are present @ Announcement Section.
Welcome To AUMSCIT ForuM.
Our Farewell Day Photos are present @ Announcement Section.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Forum will act as a bridge to connect students of M.Sc I.T 2004-2009 batch belongs to Annamalai University, TN, India

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Hi, our Farewell Day Celebration Photos are available @ Announcement Section

Indian IT will take the rural BPO route

Go down 
AuthorMessage
arunkumar

arunkumar

Male
Number of posts : 209
Job/hobbies : Till now Student
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Indian IT will take the rural BPO route Empty
PostSubject: Indian IT will take the rural BPO route   Indian IT will take the rural BPO route I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 11:30 am

The Indian IT industry would most likely take the rural BPO route as it gears up to face the challenge of achieving an export target of over 50 billion US dollars in the coming year, a senior Nasscom member has said.

Ashank Desai of Nasscom is of the view that the mushrooming of rural BPOs in the country is the next revolution that the IT industry would witness as these would ensure jobs in smaller towns and go a long way in reducing migration to bigger cities.

Desai, who is also the chairman of Mastek, said that from an industry perspective, these rural BPOs would reduce the cost of operations considerably and retain the competitiveness of Indian IT industry in the global market. "Already such BPOs are coming up in Haryana and Karnataka," he added.

Desai said that over the past decade and half, the size of the Indian IT industry had grown by 800 times while creating more than two million direct jobs in the country with over 6 to 8 million involved in the sector indirectly. "If it was the internet revolution first and then the telecom and BPO revolution, now we are taking of business moving from urban to rural."

A lot of wealth creation has happened as the Indian IT industry took giant strides and passed through several revolutions to reach this point. "Fifteen per cent of Bombay Stock Exchange(BSE's) market cap is of IT companies," Desai said, adding "We have created wealth for the shareholders."

By BPO Watch News Desk
Back to top Go down
http://cybersak.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 1